Miracle Beach has all the amenities one would expect from a provincial campground including showers and proper bathrooms, although outhouses are still available for those who want to get away from modern convieniences. Miracle Beach itself is a georgous sandy beach and if you plan it for right when the tide is coming in over the hot sand you can have a nice enjoyable swim in relatively warm waters.
With more than 200 large family oriented campsites there is plenty of room. Reservations are accepted and there are also a large number of sites set aside on a first come first served basis.
Miracle Beach Campground is just a short 20 min, 22 km, drive North of Courtenay and encompasses 137 hectares of land. Turn right when you reach the mini golf, and then follow the main road all the way to the beach.
- Miracle Beach has the following facilites available
- Walk in / Cycle Campsites
- Group Campsites
- Day Use / Picnic Areas
- Flush Toilet / Change Rooms (Wheelchair Accessible)
- Coldwater Taps throughout the campground
- Pit toilets
- Hot Shower Building (in the center of the campground)
- Sani-station / dump ($2 fee per use)
- Fires are permitted (barring any current bans in effect)
- Open Air Amphitheater
- 2 Km of walking / hiking trails
- Adventure Playground
- White Sandy Beaches
- Canoe / Kayak Friendly
- Fresh and Salt water Fishing
Campground Map (PDF) Is available here fromt he BC Parks site.