Miracle Beach Provincial Park & Campground
Miracle Beach has all the amenities one would expect from a BC provincial campground including showers and proper bathrooms, although outhouses are still available for those who want to get away from modern conveniences or who just don’t want to walk all the way to the flush toilets.
Miracle Beach itself is a gorgeous sandy beach and if you plan it for right when the tide is coming in over the hot sand you can have a nice enjoyable swim in relatively warm waters.
With more than 200 large family oriented campsites there is plenty of room. As with most provincial campsites these days, reservations are required and can be done at the provincial government website.
Miracle Beach Campground is just a short 20 min, 22 km, drive North of Courtenay and encompasses 137 hectares of land. Turn right when you reach the mini golf, and then follow the main road all the way to the beach. Heavily discounted camping is available in the off season for a limited number of sites. Services offered during the off season are unavailable however, so campers must be prepared to be entirely self sufficient in every way.
- Miracle Beach has the following facilities available
- Walk in / Cycle Campsites
- Group Campsites
- Day Use / Picnic Areas
- Flush Toilet / Change Rooms (Wheelchair Accessible)
- Cold-water Taps throughout the campground
- Pit toilets
- Hot Shower Building (in the center of the campground)
- Sani-station / dump (fee per use)
- Fires are permitted (barring any current bans in effect)
- Open Air Amphitheater
- 2 Km of walking / hiking trails
- Adventure Playground
- White Sandy Beaches
- Canoe / Kayak Friendly
- Fresh and Salt water Fishing
Campground Map (PDF) Is available here front he BC Parks site.